Thursday, December 08, 2005

This is news

I apologize heavily for my lack of posting. So, sorry. But now for an update on many different things.

1. Texans are silly with their ice and closing things down. DISD closed today because well, I’m not quite sure. It’s snowing and like 15 degrees in OK and people are still going to work. But I digress.

2. I cannot complain we delayed opening today till 10am, this was wonderful seeing that I usually come in at 7:30am.

3. Because I got to leave work at 3:30 yesterday because of the “inclement” weather, I decided to go get my hair done. Sadly I cannot afford Warren again, so I went to another salon, I’m going to leave you in suspense about how my hair looks (but I will say it’s different)!

4. I spent way too much money on very few Christmas decorations yesterday. Because number one, my fiancĂ© thinks I’m a Scrooge and I’m trying to work on it, and number two, my wonderful friends are visiting this weekend and well I needed to decorate, lest they make fun of me.

5. Paying for your own car insurance stinks.

6. Your dog peeing on your carpet stinks.

7. It is wonderful when you get past your initial probationary period at work and you are eligible for paid time off! This is good thing!

8. In regards to the last item, I’ll only be working eight days between now and the New Year (GuideStone = most magical place in the world, see you thought it was Disneyworld, you are sorely mistaken my friend!)

9. Departmental Christmas Party tomorrow… woo hoo tinsel!

10. We’ve set a date for the wedding… October 7, 2006, only 303 days to go!

Blasted: To hearing my neighbors celebrating about not having to go to work today as I got ready.

Yippee: To getting to see my friends this weekend! And cramming into my 448sq ft efficiency!

No comments: