Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This is how I failed

So I don’t mind giving blood. Needles don’t bother me (so I kind of feel obligated to do it). So a while back we were having a blood drive at work and I went down to give. Well my iron wasn’t high enough to give. So when I saw our next blood drive on the calendar for yesterday I decided I was going to pass the iron level test by eating right and drinking lots of water! This is the only time I’ve truly pre-gamed before giving blood. So I go to give blood fill out all the paperwork and do the iron test and pass – but just barely!!! So I go lay down and await my phlebotomist. First off Joe was a nice guy – but he had crazy shaky hands, which was a little disconcerting! So I get stuck and I’m off and pumping my little stress ball every eight seconds. Then Joe has some other guy come over and they look at all my stuff and the bag and all. Turns out my blood had stopped. They tried all sorts of things to get it going again (which I won’t go into detail about for the queasy folks *Glenn*.) But to no avail my veins had decided to be stingy with my blood. I felt like a complete failure. I’ll get over it I’m sure. I’ve started to wonder if I should give up on giving blood???

Yippee: My friends and I get to celebrate Michelle’s birthday this weekend with fondue!!!!
Blasted: I have a hole in my arm and no blood donation to show for it!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. Hope you keep it up! Can't wait to see you in less than 48 hours!!