Monday, November 21, 2005

This is a Monday!

Today has truly been a Monday! So I get up to head to work, not wanting to get out of bed, and finally get out the door, and it’s freezing outside. I get in the car and start to get going. Isn’t it funny how we feel so protected in our cars, and I don’t mean safe because you are wearing a seat belt or you have side airbags, but protected from others view. I always find myself doing things that I would only do in the privacy of my own home, or apparently the privacy of Highway 75 at 5 o’clock rush hour. So as I’m sitting in traffic on 75 I look in my rearview mirror and see this guy, shaved head, hoodie, sunglasses, and he is rockin out! I mean singing his heart out, it was great I watched him for a good two minutes and from what I could tell he didn’t miss a beat! It’s funny how we always assume that nobody can see us in our cars! I must say it brightened my day, until I got out of my car in the parking garage and went to the elevator and realized like I have on several Mondays that I had forgotten my ID. Here at GuideStone you’d think that we worked at the CIA! Because you see to get up the elevator in the parking garage you have to swipe you ID, to get to all the floors in our building (with the exception of 1 and our conference center) you have to swipe your ID. Needless to say it is not good if you forget your ID. I’ve always forgotten it on Monday, this time I’d left it in a purse and changed purses over the weekend. I really must make a sign for the door of my apt! So I got in my car and went back to my apartment and got it, because I did not want to have to schmooze with the security guard, Tony, yet again as to why I’d forgotten my very important ID! Then when I finally got to my desk it was mass chaos for the first hour or so, at least till I had to go to a meeting (thank goodness)!

I did go see Harry Potter with my brother and sister-in-law. And it was absolutely wonderful! Although I must say I did relish the fact that at the very beginning (which is very foreboding) my sister-in-law, Dorrie, leaned over and asked if the movie was scary. I kind of chuckled to myself and said yes, in fact, that it was very scary ( I said it with such confidence you’d of thought I read the books, but who needs to when all your friends talk about the books around you!) So Dorrie spent the majority of the evening buried in Jeff’s shoulder. I must admit I did squint my eyes once or twice, because that’s my logic in scary movies, that it won’t be as scary if I can only see part of screen.

Yippee: For getting to see Harry Potter again with Glenn tomorrow night!

Blasted: It’s snack day at work and there is a plethora, that’s right, a plethora of extremely tempting and fattening snacks sprawled out in our conference room!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Jennifer - it is very important to remember at all times that your car is not a fortress. That is all.

Kasey Joy said...

um, i just wanted to let you know that some peeps from guidstone are coming to my church on tuesday...random fact.