Friday, November 11, 2005

This is random

I am aware that I haven’t blogged in quite awhile, and I’m sorry. Life has been semi crazy for the past week or so. Who knew being engaged would be so emotionally stressful? Well work has been quite unproductive seeing that I spend a majority of my time looking at my ring or IMing with Kristy! But I do have some things that have been on my mind lately that I would like to share.

1. I work in a Christian environment, we exist to help pastors and staffs of churchs. Yet there are numerous ladies that I work with that use those tissue toilet seat protector things. Now don’t get me wrong I’m not a dirty kid, but come on, what do they think they’re gonna contract? I’m starting to worry that I’m surrounded by germaphobs! I’m with Michelle on this one, having some germs on you is not a bad thing, in my opinion it boost your immune system a bit. Now this is not based on any scientific research of any sort, just a personal opinion.
2. There is a man that lives above me that I can’t really figure out what he does, excuse me, I know what he does for a living he’s a teacher, but I can’t figure out what he does when he’s home. For the past month it’s sounded like he’s completely remodeling his apartment hammer sounds mostly. But for anyone’s that’s seen my apartment knows that there’s not all the much to change (it’s only 448 sq. ft.). Then yesterday I start to wake up for work around 6:15 and I hear music, then I realize he’s playing the guitar, now I ask you what person in their right mind does that, very strange! So I received a lovely 30 minute classical guitar concert as I woke up for the day.
3. My mom asked me for advice two nights ago, it wasn’t about her clothes or what earrings she should wear with her outfit, or even if her hair needed combing (she asks that one a lot). She honestly asked me for advice on a serious situation, I was caught so off guard I didn’t know what to say. And to be completely honest I didn’t have any advice for her either. It was one of the weirdest moments I’ve ever had with her, not bad weird, just completely different. I honestly never thought in my life my parents would see me as anything but their baby girl (and honestly I think Dad always will) there is a odd sense of sadness when your parents finally see you as an adult. Because at least in my mind they are the people you always know will see your youth, your insecurities, your flaws and inabilities. You can always be a kid with your parent, because that’s what you are to them, it’s ok to be silly, ask stupid questions, ect. I feel like I gained and lost something at the same time. I lost a Mommy and gained a confidant.

Enough of the boring, sappy, deep stuff.

Blasted: Still haven’t been able to set a date for the wedding.

Yippee: Get to go to Waco today and see my fantastic (you have no idea how great) friends!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

HA HA - I can totally see your mom asking if her hair needs to be combed.