Monday, October 31, 2005

This is me ENGAGED!!!!


This weekend Glenn and I went to Baylor for Homecoming! We got in and unloaded the car at Kristy’s and headed to dinner before going to the bonfire. Let me preface that Glenn was all dressed up and was I extremely annoyed. I wanted to wear jeans but knew we were going to be taking a lot of pictures and didn’t want to look funny next to him looking all fancy. We went to dinner and had a blast with friends we haven’t seen in awhile, thanks to these wonderful blogs we all knew what was going on in each others lives! We headed to the bonfire and we wandered around. Glenn suggested that we get up close to the bonfire so we could watch the pep rally and still be in a good spot for the bonfire. Then Glenn suggested that he could go get the mascot to take pictures with (Glenn used to mascot for Baylor and he knew the guy that was mascoting at the bonfire). I was so excited to get pictures with Brusier (name of the mascot). So Glenn left after the pep rally was over and they started to light the bonfire. Then I see Glenn and Bruiser coming toward us inside the barricade they had set up around the bonfire. I noticed that Brusier had something in his hand, I just figured it’d be t-shirts he was going to give away. Brusier came up to me and grabbed my hand and started pulling me toward the bonfire. I just thought he was doing a silly mascot thing. Then he faced me toward the crowd and handed me what he had. It was at that point that I realized what was happening. On the cover of the package was an envelope that said “open me”. Brusier pointed to it because I was frozen I couldn’t stop shaking! I opened the envelope and the card said “Brusier says read this.” I ripped open the package and found what I knew would be there a Bible with what will be my married name on it Jennifer E. Roush. I looked up and Glenn was on his knee and asked “Jennifer Elizabeth LeForce will you marry me.” I’m not sure at what point I said yes, but I did. I just grabbed Glenn and cried. He asked me if I wanted my ring and of course I said yes! It’s beautiful and absolutely perfect, he did a great job! All my friends were all in on it. And let me take a moment to say thanks to all of you who had a part in it, it was a perfect day that I will never forget. Glenn and I went onto Pigskin where I saw Alpha Chi perform and then we went back to Cheese’s and had a toast, a perfect end to a perfect day!

Yippee: I have a fabulous fiancé!
Blasted: So busy at work had not time to post that I was engaged

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Um if you don't update again soon I will have to call you Michelle.