Tuesday, April 08, 2008

This is a first

Here’s some background and let me preface with – I adore my mother – she’s great (even though she did torture me with the History Channel growing up.)

When I was at Baylor my freshman year is when this all started. My mom would call me and let me know about a very interesting show on Book TV (yes it exists – it’s a CSPAN channel), the History Channel, PBS – the list goes on. That she thought I might be interested in. These little bits of information might have been helpful
a: had I had cable my first semester in college and
b: if she hadn’t been calling at 9am on a Saturdays! ☺

I still get these calls with helpful information about TV shows that might be on. Every now and then I’ll get an email. But the other night my mom called to let me know about a Bette Davis film was on Turner Classic Movies called “All About Eve” – and you know what I actually turned it on and watched it. Glenn was DJing an event that evening – so I had the remote all to myself. It was a good classic black and white film. Bette had apparently won an Oscar for her performance.

Thanks Mom!

Yippee – to having a Mom who still wants to broaden her children’s horizons
Blasted – not being able to figure out what to do about my photo editing software.

No comments: