Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This is what peer pressure will do

So if you follow my blog you’ve read about my recent admission of my addiction to Hot Tamales. Well the other day I decided that I was going to swear off candy till our trip to Mexico in May (I briefly thought about adding soda to this list but soon realized that’s next to impossible).

Today I was faced with my temptation head on. I had a meeting in the conference room that has the fish bowl FULL of Hot Tamales. I had gone in early to boot up the computer and my boss comes in and grabs a cupful of Hot Tamales and proceeds to enjoy their cinnamony goodness. I shared with him that I was going to cave to my promise to myself and indulge in some as well. He told me emphatically “No!” and proceeded to walk over to the trash can and throw his cup of Hot Tamales away. It was like watching horror movie in slow motion. :( I begged him to eat his and he said he wasn’t going to be party to lack of self control! It was heartbreaking – I’d been thinking about them all day! So I couldn’t justify getting any if he denied them himself. So thanks Chris!

Yippee – to not breaking my promise
Blasted – I’m sooo hungry (thanks Weight Watchers!)

No comments: