Tuesday, July 08, 2008

This makes me chuckle

My usual routine in the morning I get to work, check my email, and head to our kitchen to make my breakfast (green tea and oatmeal.) Never fails that about once or twice a week I’ll hop on the elevator, breakfast in hand, and there will be one other person riding with me. Awkward silence – it’s usually much too early for me to converse. Then the other person riding with me will ask, “Breakfast, huh?” I’m always tempted to say, “Nope just getting an early lunch at 7:45am!” It’s just funny how awkward elevators are.

I’m sure all of us have an awkward elevator story to tell. What makes them so strange – and makes us act in strange ways? It’s like there is a set of rules we all must follow at least here at work there is... it goes about like this.

Rule #1 – Speaking on the elevator is frowned upon.

Rule #2 – When entering the elevator move as far to the back as possible.

Rule #3 – Always face forward (I think this is true of all elevators.)

Rule #4 – When at all possible look at the numbers above the door while the elevator is in motion.

I’m sure there are many more those are just the ones I could come up with at the moment. Here’s an entertaining article on elevator behavior , for those of you who need a time waster!

Yippee – For getting to see my friend April who is in town from Memphis!!!!

Blasted - To April not staying in Texas (we’re thinking about kidnapping her)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I never know which way to face in the elevator when the doors can open on both sides. That can make for some awkward rides too!