Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is a bunch of hot air!

Kinda delayed but here was my weekend with my mom…

Thursday night she got into town and we went and had dinner at Café Malaga in downtown Mckinney – I highly recommend it! Friday I slept in and once we got ready we made our way down to Northpark – we shopped our little hearts out! Actually my mom shopped her heart out – I just got so tights at Forever 21. And for the funniest moment of the day – I asked mom if we could walk through Delia’s (teen/tween store). And so we were walking through and she kept saying things were cute and holding them up. Then as we were headed out she picked up a cable knit hoodie sweater and said that she liked it – then she proceeded to try it on – and then bought it! Yes ladies and gentleman my mother purchased an item of clothing from a store even I feel a little to old to purchase from! :)

We had dinner with my brother and sister-in-law that night and it was great seeing them and enjoying amazing greek food.

Saturday was the big day! We got up bright and early 6am to head out to the Plano Balloon Festival. They launched the balloons at 7am. Normally they launch several at a time and they race – well they couldn’t do that Saturday morning because there wasn’t enough wind for it to be fair. So they just launched them as they were ready so it was basically a steady stream of balloons all morning, around 60 of them. It was pretty amazing and really cool to watch.

Saturday was also a big day for naps! When we got back from the festival I hit the hay I was exhausted because I wasn’t able to fall asleep the night before so I only got like 4 hours of sleep. When mom and I roused from our mid morning nap we headed down toward Dallas and met up with my sis-in-law for a great lunch at La Duni! Then we wandered around and window shopped. After window shopping mom and I headed home and when we got there I TOOK ANOTHER NAP. I was beat – I had a little cold all weekend and I think my body was just spent!

Yippee – to all my fav shows being back on!!!

Blasted – to not working out in a very long time.

1 comment:

glam R baby said...

Love your blog deary!! I found it on facebook! I have one too..obviosuly!! LOL HOpe to see ya soon!! XOXO