Thursday, September 11, 2008

This is a day I wish we didn't have to remember

It's hard to believe it's been 7 years since 9/11. I remember exactly where I was - just like every other American can. Just like my mom can tell you she was standing in line at the OSU bookstore when she found out Kennedy been shot. We all have our stories - how all our lives where changed on that day - and how we stared at TVs in disbelief. We all know of people that lost their lives in the tower or fighting to save the people in them. My brother (who was a trader at the time) was on the phone with a friend and colleauge who was in the towers when the plane hit.

It changed how we viewed the world - even in the graduation speech at Baylor the student speaker spoke to it altering our world because it happened so soon after we started our freshman year. Last night we had the freshman over for bible study and one of them requested prayer for all the families of victims. I did the math and most of them were 7 or 8 in '01. They really never got to experience a world without the threat of terrorist attacks.

I've seen some blogs, articles today about 9/11 some of them memorializing some saying we need to look past and move on. I'm torn - I'm glad we as Americans were not paralyzed with fear because of this day. But I don't think we should ever forget about those that were lost.

Just some thoughts....

No comments: