Friday, October 07, 2005

This is me and my fabulous hair

So today I went and got my hair cut and colored at a salon in Dallas. I wish I had a picture to post but sadly I do not. Warren, my hairstylist and owner of the salon, is in probably his 50’s and was wearing a very lovely, skin-tight purple shirt. He had spiky, yet tasteful, hair so I felt ok having him take me under the knife! I was worried at the beginning because when I took my hair out of my ponytail… let me sidenote here. I naturally have dark brown hair, but over that past several years have managed to make my self into a semi-blond, this has wreaked havoc on my hair, so now you know… back to where I was… I took down my ponytail Warren reached out and picked up a piece of my hair in the back and made a terrible face and asked me what I wanted to do. So then I started worrying… holy crap, Jen your at a fancy schmancy salon in Uptown Dalas with crap for hair… quick think of something to say… “Fix my bad hair,” fix my bad hair, yep that was I could think of! As I was speaking he kind of threw my hair back at me like it was diseased or something. So I said I wanted to go darker, but keep some of my blond, but that I definitely wanted it to be warmer. Then I started to feel better as he pulled out the book with all the hair samples, and proceeded to stare at me for a good five minutes debating over what color should go on my hair, sporadically pulled at my hair so he could get a better look at my roots. He picked the colors and got to work, well I say work he sent his minion off to mix his color for him.

Warren was amazingly enough not gay, quite a pleasant surprise, not that I’m against gay men or their hair styling. It’s just that there has become a stereotype of male hairdressers in the past several years. But never fear there was a gay guy working there (I think your not considered a decent salon if you don’t have one). Warren actually drives Harley’s oddly enough, but still has that edgy feel. During the course of the two hours that I spent at this lovely salon I found our many interesting things about Warren. He owns a miniature Dachshund, loves to hunt, ride Harleys, was a Navy Seal, and his wife is a manager at Cartier! So needless to say he was very interesting to get to know! It was kind of a luxury getting my hair done at a fancy salon. All my hairdressers in the past have well not been high end. So it was really fabulous to get blown out by two people, well cool, but they each kept jerking my head in opposite directions. But when it was done I looked fabulous! It such a shame you can’t take those people with you, your hair never looks as good when you do it! Now I must say that I almost fell on the floor when I found out how much I owed this lovely little salon. But in the end it was worth to feel fabulous for a day (or at least a morning)!

Yippee- For my lovely new do

Blasted- I still have to work on Saturday

2 comments:

Kasey Joy said...

i'm so glad you joined the "pros" and "cons" club!!

Kristy said...

well - I think your hair is nothing short of fabulous. It was well worth the money cause its beautiful! LOVE you! Thanks for coming down this weekend.