Monday, October 10, 2005

This is "Wicked"


Glenn and I went to see “Wicked” at the Music Hall at Fair Park (Texas State Fairgrounds) on Saturday! It was absolutely wonderful! The music was great, the costumes were so colorful and fun and the story was fantastically written. Glenn and I decided to go early to the fair seeing that our tickets to the musical got us in the fair for free. We walked around and enjoyed seeing all the food, games and general merry making (since all the UT fans left over from the UT/OU game were still partying it up). Glenn had a corny dog and I just opted for a couple of bites and a beverage, because it is my belief that you breathe grease at the fair, so there is no real need to ingest it (yuck)! But hey it’s the experience right? I'll be getting to experience the fair a lot this year, because I'm going on Thursday with work for "team building" and this coming weekend with my friends (YEA), and Glenn and I are probably going to go again. We really wanted to play the games but felt that the other patrons at the musical might not appreciate me holding a 4’ tall giraffe for 3 hours in front of them (that’s assuming we’d actually win something)! We did enjoy the car show. I love the new Muranos and the new RAV4s they look so different than they used to (my first car was a RAV4). Overall it was a great day! I had a blast! Then of course there was wicked which was a great end to a work-filled weekend! I liked Wicked so much I bought the hoodie, it’s awesome!

Yippee – For the frozen yogurt machine at work having “Southern Strawberry” be the flavor for the week! YUM

Blasted – It looks like I’m gonna be at work till 6.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Ha ha are you moving to Reno? Now you and Glenn are going to have to start blogging about different things so as we don't read the same experience twice. Can't wait to see you Saturday!