Monday, October 03, 2005

This is my weekend (at a glance)

My weekend had been a crazy one. It all started on Wednesday, I think it was, when my father called me at work. I work for the GuideStone Financial Resources and we make available insurance and retirement product to those that are in ministry work. Because of this I always joke that everyone I work with has either been a preacher, gone to seminary or went to Baylor! My father calls me to ask if I knew anyone at work that would be willing to come preach at our church on Sunday, because we are currently without a pastor! I joked with him that he should ask Glenn, my boyfriend (who happens to be a licensed minister). I was joking, my dad took me seriously! So he calls Glenn who had had a very busy week and his weekend was just as booked (literally with weddings and events he was DJing). But because I date an extremely nice guy, and the fact that he’s trying to win my father over so he’ll let us get married, he said yes! I was not exactly thrilled, I knew how worn out he’d be, and on top of it I couldn’t go because I’d promised my neighbor that I’d watch her dog over the weekend! But Glenn had made up his mind, he was going to OK, and he was gonna get to go to a football game too (OSU v CU). Well when my father finds out that I can’t come because I’m watching dogs all weekend, he does what any sensible father would do, he offers to pay to have the dogs boarded. Now I wasn’t about ready to knock on my neighbors door to see if she’d let me board her dog! Well I was feeling terrible that I wasn’t going to go to OK with Glenn, seeing as it was kinda my fault that he was going in the first place. So I call a boarder to see if they have room for Rodi Saturday and Sunday. I had planned on asking my neighbor if one of our other neighbor friends might be able to let the dog out. I get back to my place of Friday and my neighbor tells me she doesn’t need me to let the dog out because her plans had changed. So I started packing! We left at 7am on Saturday and headed up I-35 for Nash, OK, pop. 200! We make it to the football game in which OSU embarrassed themselves by not scoring a single point! But it was still fun nonetheless. We got home and Glenn started preparing to speak to a whopping congregation of 45 or so people! Well Sunday came and Glenn delivered an excellent sermon from the story in Numbers when the spies are sent into the Promised Land and all of them come back saying they can’t take the land, except for 2 spies, Caleb and Joshua. And they say that God promised us this land and we can take it. It was so good in fact he had several of the ladies in our church weeping, because as one of them put it, “It was exactly what our church needed to hear.” For sermon notes, ask Glenn. But needless to say it was very good and I was very proud of the man I love! He is an excellent speaker, and very genuine. From there we ate lunch and headed home. I love my hometown, my home, and I don’t miss the Oklahoma wind!

No comments: