Saturday, October 22, 2005

This is Rodi's Collar


Rodi has been through so many ordeals … she’s had 12 teeth pulled, been subjected to many different antibiotics in many forms (in peanut butter, bread, straight though a syringe). And now she faces the battle of the skin infection. She’s been to the vet twice for this, once to be diagnosed and the other to check up and see if she needed more treatment. At the second one they told me she would have to have her chin shaved, in order to do this she’d have to be sedated. I was not thrilled (neither was she). So I took her in again for the procedure and when I picked her up I found out she was a very good girl and didn’t have to be sedated! She let the nurse shave her chin with no major incident. But she is now wearing a lovely new E-Collar! It is a clear, cone shaped collar to keep her from scratching her chin, because that’s part of the reason it won’t heal because she keeps scratching it! So when we got home she hated it. Mainly because when she walks she loves to keep her nose close to the ground, just in case she smells something extremely important, or something not important at all! But she can’t do that at all now because her collar will catch on the concrete. It’s quite sad, not to mention the fact she can’t scratch anymore. But we went to Target the other day and I found sticky rhinestones and decided Rodi’s collar needed some jazzing up! So I embellished a little, it’s fabulous! Hopefully she’ll be out of it by middle of next week. But until then she’s as sassy as she can be!

On a different note, Glenn and I went to the Fair and had a blast! We rode the swings and the ferris wheel. Glenn got his funnel cake and I got my Belgium waffle (at long last) it was perfection! It was a beautiful day and I couldn’t have asked for a better day with Glenn! We just had a great time watching all the people all around the fair. We debated riding the crazy rides but opted, wanting to keep our lives!

Yippee – For going to FireWheel shopping center on a beautiful Saturday!

Blasted – Rodi being depressed because she has to wear her cone :(

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Michelle wants to know how many points are in a belgian waffle.

Kristy said...

I'm sorry, specifically a belgian waffle from the fair.